After your Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Keep the incision wound dry until sutures are outnormally about 10 to 14 days.
- Use rubber gloves or a plastic bag to cover the wound if you must do dishes or if you take a shower.
- Change the dressing when it gets soiled. Keep the wound covered until sutures are out.
- No heavy activity such as shoveling, raking, hammering, heavy labor, etc., for 4 to 6 weeks.
- Remember the incision area may be sore for as long as three months. You may do as much fine activity with your hand as the pain allows you to do.
- Returning to work depends on your job. The physician will help you determine when to return.
- It is okay to drive and to use the hand for eating, etc.
Other post-surgical care situations:
Copyright © 1997-2013 Front Range Center for Brain & Spine Surgery, P.C.
All Rights Reserved.